Sunday, October 23, 2011

ZevenOS Neptune 2.0 (LXDE)

Another release of ZevenOS, the Minimal Edition, that ships LXDE environment. Codenamed "Next Generation", this version comes with LXDE (obviously), PCManFM (along with LXDE), Viewnior, Iceweasel, Icedove, Gnome-Mplayer and Deadbeef. More information and downloads here.


  1. There's a little risk of confusion here, unless you mention that the main editions of ZevenOS are based on Ubuntu, while the Neptune editions are based on Debian. I mention this because I think Ubuntu and Lubuntu are a bit bloated, and have been looking for a better Debian-based alternative. So far, I am extremely pleased with ZevenOS Neptune Minimal Edition.

  2. You're right, but I think there's no need to clarify that. Because I'm not referring to it (in this post and with this ZevenOS edition) because I'm just talking about its desktop environment, which is common with Lubuntu and, so on, has Debian based packages for installing it.

    It's just a comparision of both, Lubuntu and ZevenOS, dekstop environments and their shipped programs.

    And yes, it's a great distro. I always like to mention that its developer is a great friend and collaborator of Lubuntu.