Sunday, April 08, 2012

Downlaod Cairo effects for Lubuntu

Now we host the Cairo Compositing Manager, so you can download it whenever you want. And of course you can install it on Lubuntu 12.04 (even its version is older than the Precise Pangolin, it worked fine). I've updated the Tools page and posted links for both i386 and amd64 architectures. Enjoy!


  1. lubuntu is great fast ubuntu version beside with elegan interface using LXDE, I am still waiting for lubuntu 12.04

  2. Yes, the goal is having the great app database from Ubuntu behind a lighter interface. The next release will be a great product, we're very proud of it! :)

    Oh, and thanks for your kind words!

  3. actually I want blogging about lubuntu too, I want sharing about something that I like too...

    ok just keep doing what should you do

  4. installed cairo-compmgr in Lubuntu 12.04 but it doesn't seem to be working...
    The program 'cairo-compmgr' received an X Window System error.
    This probably reflects a bug in the program.
    The error was 'BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)'.
    (Details: serial 122 error_code 9 request_code 14 minor_code 0)
    (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

  5. Just try to update or use proprietary graphics river (if you own an NVidia or ATI) and try again. It's a weird message, don't really know what it means. Mine is working perfectly.

  6. I really like the tools approach of lubuntu. I think it is great that I can choose myself what I want to use. I really hope things like softwarecenter etc. Keeps being something one can install after.
    I also think it would be great if the same approach where used for apps, so it would only be the absolute most necessary apps available, and then it is up to the individual to decided which apps to get. I think the Bodhi distribution, has something like this approach.