Friday, May 25, 2012

Mocking up!

There's no time for sleeping. Or maybe yes, and dreaming about the perfect interface. So we at Lubuntu Artwork Team are still active, never forget this :) Now thinking about a new icon proposal, a new GTK / Openbox theme and, of course, a new brand official wallpaper for this sweet flavour of Ubuntu. In a few weeks the contest for wallpaper submissions will be open, and we are waiting for your ideas and designs. The Lubuntu Blog will post the Flickr address soon for uploading your creations. The selection will be part of the Lubuntu Community Wallpapers package, and one of them could be yours!


  1. Nice work. But i dont like the minimize/maximize/close button, it look like apple. Hope you will keep the theme from 12.04, in 12.10 because i really like it.

  2. Too heavy gradients, it slightly resembles a web site from the 90's :/

  3. I really like it, the appearance is light yet elegant which is what Lubuntu I suppose is trying to go for.

    I do think the min/max buttons are a bit off, mostly because they don't match with other buttons and are used in a lot of window themes. I think something like the Dust theme would be perfect for this.

    Great job!

  4. Although I am not incredibly good in design, I think the gradients in the task bar is too dark. Also the space between the title bar buttons and the window title is too big. Other than that it's great.

  5. As I said, it's just an Inkscape mockup. Maybe Openbox doesn't allow me to put the buttons like this. And the gradients are not definitive (at the taskbar). I'm thinking about some "light focus" effect instead.

    Just mockup. I like to see that a lot of people is concerned about the final look of the OS, it means you use it and want to see it perfect.

    Ta, Corbin.

  6. Derrick RuthlessMay 29, 2012 11:14 pm

    I love it! Looks stunning and love the focus on simplicity and effectiveness.

    Please make it happen! :)

  7. Nice!!! but I propose another icon for lubuntu. I love faenza and I think that faience-Azur is a good set for lubuntu OS. This is an example! I drew a new icon for Menu Settings

  8. Nice result, wasp. But have a look at this:
    You'll find very close to Faience, like the redesigned toolbar icons.
    I'll post more images showing the progress.

  9. It is beautiful! Now I'm studying Inkscape for create new icons.
    Can you advise me for starting (Icons Guidelines)?

  10. If you want to make icons for the Box theme you can follow this guidelines:

    Also, there're some important links (also Inkscape tutorials) as link on it.