Friday, January 10, 2014

Lots of LX updates

The coder of the entire desktop LXDE, PCMan, was busy these days. He was updating the main core libs and app (pcmanfm / libfm 1.2.0), the image viewer (gpicview 0.2.4) and the appearance config tool (lxappearance 0.5.5), getting improved with bug fixes and new features:

  • pcmanfm: dual pane view
  • pcmanfm: create symlinks
  • lxappearance: fix creating themes
  • lxappearance: compression use xz format
  • gpicview: show / hide toolbar
  • gpicview: fix "fit image", scrolling, zoom

All this will be upgraded via GIT and Lubuntu will take benefit of this effort. Congratulations, PCMan, for your great work!

Via LXDE Blog

4 comments:

  1. Hi friend,

    I don't know if this is the right place but I'm desperate with this problem.

    Two weeks ago I installed Lubuntu 13.10 and I don't know how but yesterday I missed the shutdown button on the bottom right corner. I've been searching in the panel configuration but I didn't find any solution. Could you help me please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. This is not exactly the place for problems but we're here for helping :)

    The logout icon at the panel is a special launcher that doesn't exist in applications. To re-create it open the file "~/.config/lxpanel/Lubuntu/panels" and place at the very end this:

    Plugin {
    type = launchbar
    Config {
    Button {
    id=lubuntu-logout.desktop
    }
    }
    }

    And don't touch anything more or LXPanel could not start never! Logout and it should be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. I've just done what you told me and the shutdown button is now right there in its place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even when I made a mistake. The file should be "~/.config/lxpanel/Lubuntu/panels/panel" O_o

    ReplyDelete